12 oz. Non Woven Geotextile Fabric
Non Woven Geotextile Soil Stabilization Fabric
The 12 oz. non woven geotextile fabric provides superior soil stabilization on projects with steep slopes and challenging jobsite conditions. It is strong and remarkably durable. In addition to being a premier soil stabilization fabric, it also performs reliably when it comes to filtration.
12 oz. Non Woven Geotextile Fabric Features
- 850 lb. puncture resistance rated
- 300 lb. grab tensile strength
- 100 US Sieve rating
12 Oz. Non Woven Geotextile Fabric Benefits
- Superior strength and durability
- Good filtration properties
- Tolerates higher flow rate situations
12 oz. Non Woven Geotextile Details
In addition to being UV resistant, the 12 oz. non woven geotextile fabric will not mildew or rot, is pH stable, and is not biodegradable. This 12 oz. geotextile fabric is also resistant to rodents and insects. This all comes together to translate into reliable and long-lasting performance results. The 12 oz. geotextile fabric's sieve rating proves that it is effective in filtering sediment while allowing stormwater to seep though. This geotextile soil stabilization fabric can be used in conditions with up to a 75 gpm/ft² flow. With a grab tensile strength of 300 lbs, puncture resistance up to 850 lbs., and an elongation rating of 50%, this filter fabric can withstand even extreme project requirements.
Roll Sizes (12 oz. non woven geotextile fabric is sold by the roll or by the pallet):
- 12.5' W x 300' L (3,750 ft²/roll) | 3.8m W x 91.4m L
- 15' W x 300' L (4,500 ft²/roll) | 4.6m W x 91.4m L
12 oz. Non Woven Geotextile Specifications
(Equivalent to Mirafi 1120N, Willacooche 1200N, Propex Geotex 1201, US Fabrics US 300NW, Carthage FX 120HS, Linq 275EX, Skaps GT 112)
|Property||Minimum Average (Roll)||Test Method|
|Fabric Weight||12 oz./yd² | 407 g/m²||ASTM D-5261|
|Grab Tensile||300 lbs | 1.33 kN||ASTM D-4632|
|Grab Elongation||50%||ASTM D-4632|
|CBR Puncture Strength||850 lbs | 3.78 kN||ASTM D-6241|
|Trapezoidal Tear||115 lbs | .511 kN||ASTM D-4333|
|UV Resistance||70%/500 hrs||ASTM D-4355|
|Permittivity||1 sec-1||ASTM D-4491|
|Flow Rate||75 gpm/ft² flow | 3055 l/min/m²||ASTM D-4491|
|AOS||100 US Sieve | .150 mn||ASTM D-4751|
*Unless otherwise noted these specifications are based on testing conducted at the time of manufacturing.
12 oz. Non Woven Geotextile Fabric Applications
This heavy-weight 12 oz. non woven geotextile soil stabilization fabric can be used for a wide variety of purposes. It is long lasting, extremely strong, and permeable.
- Soil Stabilization: Use non woven geotextile fabric to add strength and support to locations with poor soil quality or steep slopes.
- Erosion and sediment control: With strong soil retention properties, this soil stabilization fabric also is very efficient in protecting slopes, banks and hillsides from the effects of erosion.
- Underlayment: Reinforces jobsites while providing a uniform and tear resistant underlayment layer for road, railroad, and sports field construction projects.
- Aggregate Separation: Provides a buffer between two layers yet still facilitating stormwater drainage flow through, as is often required in road construction projects.
- Drainage and Filtration: The needle punched, felt-like fabric has good permittivity and filters sediment while letting water pass through. It can withstand significant flow pressure as well.
- Geomembrane Stabilization: Placed between the ground and a geomembrane liner in detention or retention ponds to protect the liner from damage or puncture.
12 oz. Non Woven Geotextile Filtration Fabric Installation
The instructions listed below provide a general installation guide for the 12 oz. non woven geotextile for drainage. If available, site and project specific installation instructions should take priority in the installation process.
If you need a general guideline on geotextile installation, keep reading. Exact installation requirements will be reflected in your specific project guidelines. If you need assistance in figuring out which geotextile fabric you need, contact our product specialists for more information.
- Prepare your install area by removing stumps, stones, and other items and pieces of debris that would penetrate the geotextile, making it unusable. If using the non woven 12 oz. geotextile fabric for roadway construction, clear vegetation and roots may also be required.
- Next, level the location, removing soft soil in favor of a higher grade material. Place material in the install area until it is tight and flat against the surface. Usually, fabric is supposed to be overlapped according to site specifications, but generally a minimum overlap or 12" to 18' is the standard.
- Secure this overlap with staples, pins, or other materials that will hold the 12 oz. non woven geotextile in place. As a last measure, backfill or place aggregate over the fabric. Generally, aggregate lift thickness will depend on the specifications of your soil and site, but 6" is the norm.
Need more information on our biodegradable erosion control solutions? See our Erosion Control Line Card.
For assistance with interpreting site-specific plans and in identifying the right nonwoven geotextile fabric weight for the project, please Contact Us.
12 oz. Non-Woven Geotextile Fabric Frequently Asked Questions
As a soil stabilization fabric, the 12 oz. geotextile fabric works to add both filtration and strength to different projects it is applied to. As a soil stabilization non woven geotextile, the 12 oz. geotextile fabric will provide road stabilization for asphalt overlay and limit the effects of erosion.
The 12 oz. geotextile fabric is a high-strength non woven geotextile that has a grab tensile strength of 300 pounds. This non woven geotextile specification provides increased strength for areas and projects that require significant weight on top of the non woven geotextile fabric. Additionally, the water flow of the 12 oz. non woven geotextile is 75 gpm/ft2.